British Shooting are committed to nurture high performance learning environments, in order to develop exceptional athletes and coaches.
Want to know more about Target Sprint?
If you’re interested in learning more about coaching target sprint there are many opportunities where we welcome you to join us:
- Target Sprint Leader Course – See below
- British Shooting Masterclass – See below
- Spectate/help at one of our Events – CLICK HERE
- Air Arms Experience – See information below and to see where we’ll be CLICK HERE
- Contact your local Regional Centre and/or Hub – CLICK HERE
- Training News & Advice – Keep an eye on our latest training advice and tips on Facebook and via our latest news
- If you have any questions, please CONTACT US
Target Sprint Educators
Target Sprint Educators are accredited people who have attended a Target Sprint Educator Workshop, and are actively engaging / supporting Target Sprint community. (Read about the programme launch HERE). The roles are reviewed and updated annually. Recruitment opens in September annually, we welcome you to join our team. CONTACT US
TS Educators are:
- An integral part of our team, helping us to build & support a growing target sprint community.
- Recognised as a team who can inspire and upskill others.
- Key “flag bearers” of information and opportunities in the UK, to this evolving sport.
- Connected directly to, and supported by, British Shooting, NSRA and each other.
- Connected to a TS Regional Centre, Head GB TS Coach and GB Squad Sprint Coach.
- Expected to run at least 1x TS Leader Course in 2018, linked with Target Sprint activity.
- Expected to provide “after sales” support to the TS Leaders whom attend their courses.
- Expected to provide feedback to help us shape the future.
Target Sprint Leaders
Target Sprint Leaders are accredited people who have attended a Target Sprint Leaders course, delivered by a TS Educator and are actively involved with Target Sprint activity. TS Leaders qualification will only be valid whilst their YPS Tutor, Instructor or Coach + license is still up to date. See below for our next TS Leaders Courses.
TS Leaders are:
- Informed and supported by TS Educators with the most up to date TS coaching information and opportunities.
- Part of the TS Coaching Network.
- Able to sign off athlete’s TS Safety Certificates.
TS Leaders Courses:
These courses are run in conjunction with the NSRA and delivered by our Target Sprint Educators. TS Leader’s courses:
- Max. of 12 attendees per course
- Location/Date dependant on TS Educator delivering
- Max. £50 per attendee. To the discretion of the Educator delivering, dependant on facility/delivery/material costs.
To become a Target Sprint Leader, you need to:
- Have a current NSRA YPS Air Rifle Tutor or above qualification.(If you have no NSRA Qualification, you may still attend the TS Leaders course BUT have 6-months from the date of the TS Leaders Course to attain your YPS Air Rifle Tutor or above qualification. ONLY THEN will you be fully accredited as a TS Leader).
- Have seen a Target Sprint event/activity prior to or post course. This can either be a British Shooting delivered events, other events, Air Arms Experience or Regional Centre/Hub activity. To find the event closest to you click here .
- Have the appetite to deliver Target Sprint activity.
Upcoming TS Leaders Courses:
- Sunday 4th March @ Milldale, Cheshire (contact Educator delivering: Andrew Brookes)
- Sunday 29th April @Llandovery College, Wales (contact Educator delivering: Robert Shawyer)
- Saturday 16th June @Romsey Scout HQ, Southampton (contact Educator delivering: Stephen Batchelor)
- Sunday 16th Sept @Llandovery College, Wales (contact Educator delivering: Robert Shawyer)
CONTACT US if you have any question, or enquiries about booking a place.
British Shooting Masterclasses
These Masterclasses are delivered by British Shooting, and aim to inform, upskill and share the latest information about a variety of Target Sprint related topics for athletes, parents, coaches, event organisers and marshals. Check out the topic and when our next Masterclass is.
Spectate/help at British Shooting Delivered Events
We welcome you to join our delivery teams around the country, to gain a hands-on experience of Target Sprint. There are many roles needed from qualified coaches and range staff to marshals and admin assistants. JOIN OUR COMMUNITY. If you’re interested in helping, please CONTACT US
Air Arms Experience
British Shooting welcomes interested people to join our teams around the country at Air Arms Experience EVENTS. Whether you have airgun shooting qualifications and experience or not, we welcome you. Please CONTACT US
It’s a great opportunity to gain hands on coaching experience of the shooting element to Target Sprint. Connect with and share ideas & experiences with fellow coaches in a fun environment. Also promote your club/hub/regional centre to the public. We welcome you to JOIN OUR COMMUNITY.