British Shooting are committed to nurture high performance learning environments, in order to develop exceptional athletes and coaches.
Want to know more about Target Sprint?
If you’re interested in learning more about coaching target sprint there are many opportunities where we welcome you to join us:
- Target Sprint Leader Course – See below
- British Shooting Masterclass – See below
- Spectate/help at one of our Events – CLICK HERE
- Air Arms Experience – See information below and to see where we’ll be CLICK HERE
- Contact your local Regional Centre and/or Hub – CLICK HERE
- Training News & Advice – Keep an eye on our latest training advice and tips on Facebook and via our latest news
- If you have any questions, please CONTACT US
Target Sprint Educators
Target Sprint Educators are accredited people who have attended a Target Sprint Educator Workshop, and are actively engaging / supporting Target Sprint community. (Read about the programme launch HERE). The roles are reviewed and updated annually. Recruitment opens in September annually, we welcome you to join our team. CONTACT US
TS Educators are:
- An integral part of our team, helping us to build & support a growing target sprint community.
- Recognised as a team who can inspire and upskill others.
- Key “flag bearers” of information and opportunities in the UK, to this evolving sport.
- Connected directly to, and supported by, British Shooting, NSRA and other Partners.
- Connected to a TS Regional Centre.
- Expected to run at least 1x TS Leader Course in 2019, linked with Target Sprint activity.
- Expected to provide “after sales” support to the TS Leaders whom attend their courses.
- Expected to provide feedback to help us shape the future.
Target Sprint Leaders
Target Sprint Leaders – to accredit you need to attend one of our Target Sprint Leaders Courses and demonstrate that you hold a recognised air gun qualification. At a minimum this is a NSRA YPS Tutor or CCRS Short Range qualification. The Target Sprint course will then enable you to deliver activity within the environment and context of your air gun qualification.
TS Leaders are:
- Able to sign off athlete’s TS Safety Certificates.
- Able to lead an official TS Hub.
- Informed and supported by TS Educators with the most up to date TS coaching information and opportunities.
- Part of the TS Coaching Network.
- Currently affiliated to, qualified by the NSRA or CCRS or Scouts and/or has a personal insurance policy.
TS Leaders Courses:
These courses are run in conjunction with the NSRA, CCRS and Scouts and delivered by our Target Sprint Educators. TS Leader’s courses:
- Max. of 12 attendees per course
- Location/Date dependant on TS Educator delivering
- Max. £50 per attendee. To the discretion of the Educator delivering, dependant on facility/delivery/material costs.
To become a Target Sprint Leader, you need to:
- Have a current NSRA YPS Air Rifle Tutor or above qualification. Or any of the lowest CCRS Range Management Qualifications
- Have seen a Target Sprint event/activity prior to or post course. This can either be a British Shooting delivered events, other events, Air Arms Experience or Regional Centre/Hub activity. To find the event closest to you UPCOMING EVENTS .
- Have the appetite to deliver Target Sprint activity.
Upcoming TS Leaders Courses: Click here
Questions: Contact Us
British Shooting Masterclasses
These Masterclasses are delivered by British Shooting, and aim to inform, upskill and share the latest information about a variety of Target Sprint related topics for athletes, parents, coaches, event organisers and marshals.
A variety of guests with different skill sets, backgrounds and experiences will be invited by British Shooting to deliver sessions at the majority of masterclasses.
Check out the topic and when our next Masterclass is.
Spectate/help at British Shooting Delivered Events
We welcome you to join our delivery teams around the country, to gain a hands-on experience of Target Sprint. There are many roles needed from qualified coaches and range staff to marshals and admin assistants. JOIN OUR COMMUNITY. If you’re interested in helping, please CONTACT US
Air Arms Experience
British Shooting welcomes interested people to join our teams around the country at Air Arms Experience EVENTS. Whether you have airgun shooting qualifications and experience or not, we welcome you. Please CONTACT US
It’s a great opportunity to gain hands on coaching experience of the shooting element to Target Sprint. Connect with and share ideas & experiences with fellow coaches in a fun environment. Also promote your club/hub/regional centre to the public. We welcome you to JOIN OUR COMMUNITY.