After the success of the 2016 National Series, British Shooting are proud to announce the competition dates and venues for the 2017 National Target Sprint Series.
The event, which was introduced to the UK last year and culminated in an entrapping Championship Final in Cardiff, is an exciting new way of getting involved in target shooting.
Participants run 400 metres before shooting down five targets with a rifle. They then run another 400 metres, shoot five more targets and then complete a final 400 metre run.
The event is great for those who love shooting but want to keep active, but equally good for those who love running but fancy mixing it up a little bit.
We would like to thank our Target Sprint Series Partner, Air Arms for their continued support.
- Fri 31st March – SCHOOLS @ Wycliffe College, Gloucestershire – FULL REPORT & RESULTS.
- Sat 6th & Sun 7th May – Northern Shooting Show, Yorkshire, click to enter.
- Sat 6th May – SCOUTS & Open, Hants**. (Scouts Target Sprint Champs & Open Event). view poster for more information, or email the organiser by clicking here.
- Sat 13th May – Rugeley Shooting Club, Staffordshire – click here to enter.
- Sun 21st May – Yate Outdoor Sports Complex, South Glos – click here to enter.
- Sat 10th June – South West @ Exeter School, Devon – click here to enter.
- Sat 1st July South East @ Glyn School, Surrey – click to enter.
National Final: Sunday 10th September – YOSC (Yate Outdoor Sports Complex)
(Top 5 available athletes in each age/gender category will qualify for the National Final).
What ages can compete?
Ages as 31.12.2017
- Youth: 11 – 15 (min age of 11)
- Junior: 16 – 20 years
- Senior: 21 and over
Open Team Events available at advertised competitions.
All ages and genders will compete in the same race format.
- Course: 3x 400m and 2x Standing Air Rifle Shooting Sessions (Each session consists of shooting 5 knockdown targets).
- Targets: 49.5mm targets will be used for all shooting sessions.
- Equipment: All equipment will be provided by the organiser only. (Air Arms MPR Rifles will be used).
- Coaching: Limited coaching will be available at all events.
- Please note**: For events where this combination of target size and distance is not possible, range adjustments will be made by the organiser to best meet the ideal.
The ‘Air Arms Experience’:
In conjunction with our Target Sprint 2017 Partner Air Arms, British Shooting will be a part of the Air Arms Experience at:
- The British Shooting Show (10th -12th Feb)
- The Northern Shooting Show (6th & 7th May)
- The Midlands Game Fair (16th & 17th Sept)
Come and visit the Air Arms Experience, learn, be coached and get some hands-on experience about this exciting discipline.
If you are interested in learning more about coaching target sprint or helping at one of our events, please email our events team by clicking here.
For the ISSF Rules 2017 document, click here.
Watch this video to see what it’s all about. For more information on the discipline, head to our Target Sprint section by clicking here.