We at British Shooting are delighted to announce our competition programme for 2019, which includes GB Team international representation and domestic events.
This programme has been shaped to encourage Target Sprint participation and widen the community. As well as provide a clear and open talent pathway designed to give all existing and emerging athletes the chance to reach their potential.
We at British Shooting would also like to thank everyone who has participated in the Target Sprint review and feedback conducted in 2018. The information has been invaluable and implemented where possible to help shape 2019 and beyond. Also to Air Arms for their continued support to British Shooting and Target Sprint.
GB Ranking and National Series Races 2019.
- YOSC Championships – Sunday 24th March @ YOSC, hosted by Sedgemoor Training RC
- North West Championships – Sunday 5th May @ East Cheshire Harriers, hosted by North West RC
- South West Championships – Saturday 11th May @ Exeter School
- Scout & Open – Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th May @ Southampton, hosted by 21st Romsey Hub
- Schools Championships* – Tues 16th July @ Bisley
- Midlands Championships – Saturday 25th May, hosted by Target Sprint Burntwood
- South East Championships – Sunday 7th July @ Dorking Athletics Club, hosted by Target Shooting School
- Welsh Championships – Sunday 25th August @ Llandovery College, hosted by Target Sprint Cymru RC
- British Open & National Series Final – Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd Sept @ YOSC
*National Series only.
Target Sprint SUPER LEAGUE
National Series 2019 rules to be published in January in the Rules section of www.TargetSprint.com
NEW to 2019!
Target Sprint Super League:
The Target Sprint Super League will be launched in 2019 to add value to existing events. The aim being to encourage athletes to participate in as many of our recognised ranking events as they can in order to accumulate points across the season. The athletes with the most points at the end of the season will be crowned “Super League Champion”.
- For 2019 all the events which hold GB Ranking Races will see points awarded to athletes.
- Points System: 10 points will be awarded to the winner, with 2nd place gaining 9 points and so on to 10th place attaining 1point. *Double Points are available at the British Open.
- 2019 Categories: Seniors (21 years and over), Junior (20 years and under) Male and Female categories in each age group.
- Presentation: Following the last event of the 2019 Target Sprint Super League series, an awards ceremony will be conducted.
GB Team Opportunity:
British Shooting will be selecting a GB Team for the ISSF World Tour – German Open at Suhl (12-14th July 2019) only. It will be a mixed team consisting of a Team Manager, Juniors, Seniors, Males and Females. The size of the team will dependant on the competition organisers. Entries, travel, accommodation etc. for those athletes selected for the GB team will be done by British Shooting.
We do recognise that parents/coaches etc. may wish to go to support their athlete(s). In alignment with wider GB Team policy, they will need to organise their own bookings.
When British Shooting is made aware of the competition programme and details, information will be published on the Target Sprint website.