The Target Sprint Safety Certificate is a combined running & shooting athlete competency and awareness award.
British Shooting are requiring athletes to undertake the certificate, in order to compete in British Shooting permitted events and be eligible for GB Squad/Team selection. It is also recommended by British Shooting and the NSRA, for all athletes to have attained this certificate and for all Event/Activity Organisers to follow suit.
Who? Due to the combined running and shooting nature of the certificate, only Target Sprint Educators, Leaders and British Shooting authorised personnel can sign athlete’s TS Safety Certificate.
Where? TS Safety Certificates can be carried out at any suitable location, where airgun shooting is allowed. At all British Shooting permitted events (unless otherwise stated) athletes can attain their TS Safety Certificate prior to the event/activity.
Duration? Expiry date 31st December 2019. All athletes will require a renewal following this.
Card: Athletes MUST keep their TS Safety Certificate Card, and will be required to show it upon entry at British Shooting Events. It is recommended that athletes take it to any Target Sprint event/activity.
LOST YOUR CARD? Email admin@BritishShooting.org.uk for a replacement. Replacement Cost £10 per card.
Price: The charge incurred to attain a TS Safety Certificate is to the discretion of the Assessor signing off the award, limited to a max. fee of £10 per athlete.
- Athlete insurance cover whilst participating at British Shooting Permitted Events
- Eligibility for GB Team Selection
- Eligibility for GB Ranking
- Eligible to Qualify for the Target Sprint National Final
- 6-monthly newsletter, Training Tips and includes advanced entry to British Shooting Events, Masterclasses and Workshops.
- More benefits to come…
NEED MORE CARDS? Email admin@BritishShooting.org.uk (£10 charge per batch 100).
- When a TS Leader is accredited, they receive from the NSRA their TS Leader Certificate & Licence, example TS Safety Certificate form and pack of TS Safety Certificate Cards. If you are an authorised British Shooting personnel, you will receive a pack of TS Safety Certificate Cards from British Shooting.
- Assessors need to download/print sufficient number of individual TS Safety Certificate Forms. Target Sprint Safety Certificate 2018-2020 – Click Here
- TS athlete completes form with Assessor. Assessor keeps forms.
- TS Athlete receives TS Safety Certificate Card from Assessor and is required to take with them to British Shooting events/activities and advised to take to other Target Sprint events/activities.
- Assessor collates TS Athlete info onto spreadsheet provided. (Available from Educators or British Shooting). And emails to firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 working days of authorisation
- Athlete activates TS Safety Certificate here.
- British Shooting collate information, and adds to 6-monthly Target Sprint newsletter circulation.